Last Updated on December 9, 2020 by Chimezie Chidi
How to Build A Money Making Blog With 100 dollars Or Less In 2021.
We all know quite a few things about building a blog.
However, most people have no idea that they can create a beautiful moneymaking blog for just the price of a baby’s pair of shoes or less!
What if there is a way to create a blog that can earn you money?
Do you want that? I bet you do
The truth is …
You can build a moneymaking blog free (or almost free anyway)
There is a popular misconception that you need lots of money to pay a web designer to create a decent blog for you.
Sure, having little knowledge of designs can be a huge problem.
But as a beginner blogger, paying a lot of money to a web designer can be a huge problem.
You are already too strung up with finding the correct niche, learning how to create content or even learning a few things about marketing.
You don’t need the extra hassles of looking for money to build a perfect blog.
You can do that all by yourself.
You don’t need a lot of remarkable coding skills to put together an attractive blog that will target clients or audiences for you.
In this article, I will debunk that theory. Don’t get me wrong, if you can afford to pay a designer, do so.
But whether you can or not, the steps I’m going to show you will help you create a massive moneymaking blog for a few bucks.
What do you need to build an excellent Moneymaking blog?
No matter how much you are willing to spend, carefully design your blog.
It will help you attract and retain your audience.
It can be a huge differentiator in the scheme of things.
You want to make your reach as far and wide as possible without spending too much money. You also want to make sure your website is running most of the time. But, it’s only your first year and you will spend more time testing out a lot of things until you build a comprehensive strategy that works for you.
The way and manner you create your content should also concentrate on delighting your audience. I recommend doing one thing – get a sheet of paper and map out just the kind of person, you feel will spend the most time on your blog. Find answers to questions like this:
- What are their interests?
- What jokes will they find funny?
- What colors will they gravitate to?
- What blogging voice will they fancy?
- Where do they shop?
- What are their likes and dislikes?
When you do this, you are creating a picture of your ideal audience.
It’s something marketers call determining your target audience and if you want to sell products on your blog, you should go as far as building a buyer persona.
Ingredients for Building your money-making blog
Generally, your blogging skills depend on many things and you must be prepared to go to painstaking lengths to define your approach.
You want to wow your audience from the first moment they step onto your blog with enriching content.
However, we won’t talk about those skills here. We want to concentrate on making that irresistible design and selecting the perfect hosting for your blog.
You only need three main ingredients to cover all of that:
- Hostinger Web Hosting
- Astra WordPress Theme,
- and Elementor Builder
Now, let us talk about each key feature.
Unlike many hosting services out there, Hostinger gives you everything for so little.
Hostinger is good for many reasons including:
- Hostinger is super-fast
- You will have 99.9% uptime
- Unlimited Bandwith
- Unlimited Storage
- Hostinger is ridiculously cheap
- Loads fast
- Impressive customer support
- The free domain name and website builder ( 1-click installer, PHP7, Git)
One of the best pasts of your deal is the speed. According to Neil Patel, the speed of your website can make or break it. No one wants to use a website that loads for ages. Hostinger loads fast predominantly for places like the United States, London, Asia, Australia and many more.
Your website must be up and running at all times, so you need a hosting service that won’t fail. Hostinger runs over 100% most of the time with 99.99% uptime.
Hostinger also pays back 5% of your monthly fee, if you ever notice that your website downtime dips below 99.9% due to any reasons. You can check out their service uptime guarantee here.
Hostinger has three major plans; Single Shared hosting $0.80 per month; Premium, $2.15 per month; Business Web hosting $3.45 per month.
Hostinger is compatible with WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla. It is perfect for personal blogs, professional blogs, affiliate marketers, and small-medium businesses.
If you need help setting up your Hostinger account, you can check out their knowledge base. They have answers to all kinds of things.
Naturally, like everything else, Hostinger has its drawbacks, but they aren’t deal-breakers.
First, Hostinger does not have a traditional control panel like other hosting services. They offer a more simplified version that advanced users may not like.
Hostinger’s return policy has a few exceptions that might be a problem. They only refund hosting, domain transfers and SSL certificates.
There are no refunds for privacy protection, domain name renewals, and redemption fees after the first four days.
You also have to pay for extra domains on most plans. Domains with extensions like “net” or “com” carries up to $10 per year (after the first year) while “tech” or “xyz” goes for only $0.99 per year.
Astra WordPress theme
Astra WordPress theme is perfect for beginners. You can build from scratch or browse through thousands of ready-prepared themes.
The Astra WordPress theme was developed by Brainstorm and is mostly known for its lightweight feature.
Many of the themes you choose can load in less than half a second, which is extremely important to your audience.
You need Astra because you will enjoy:
- Fast and quality templates
- Customize without codes
- Easy and straightforward setups
- Ability to customize a lot of things
- Compatible with Elementor or Beaver Builder
There are over 100 starter sites including a powerful add-on package and a flexible mega menu feature.
You will also have the ability to customize so many things ranging from your site's layout to font type and size, background color and everything else.
The free Astra WordPress theme is enough to build a pretty decent blog theme within minutes. And you won’t need coding skills to create a fantastic design for your blog. In minutes you can be up and running.
The Astra WordPress theme is excellent but you won’t have maximum support if you decide to use WooCommerce. However, you can change that by going for the paid version.
The Asta Pro provides tons of integrations and options for a variety of e-commerce plugins including WooCommerce.
You can also enjoy more ways to design and customise every little space on your blog.
You can use the Astra pro as a beginner without problems.
It provides options like customising the headers of your blog posts, importing more demo-sites, and gaining access to amazing plugins.
For instance, you can access the WP Portfolio, if you want to build a sleek portfolio for your services in your blog.
Astra Pro helps you create a mega menu for higher navigation, custom mobile experience, and sticky headers.
No matter your choice, Astra WordPress theme (free) or Astra Pro, you won’t need to use a developer to create your beautiful website.
When the Elementor Builder, came into the WordPress scene, it took the marker by storm.
Today, Elementor remains one of the best builder plugins ever.
However, as a beginner, you might be wondering why you need a builder. Naturally, your Astra WordPress theme seems to have everything you need.
Apart from the theme, you also need a drag-and-drop page builder for customising everything about your interface.
Therefore, the Elementor drag-and-drop builder is well known for these amazing features:
- Complete control over how your posts and pages will appear, which is different from the extent of designs you would have from the traditional post/editing screen on WordPress
- You don’t need any PHP or HTML skills you use it
- It works in the front end, which means you see your outcomes right where you work. It is a true “what-you-see-is-what-you-get” version
- Compatible with all WordPress themes
- Can create any content layout even one that isn’t already a factor in your Astra WordPress theme.
Elementor is a terrific choice that fits perfectly with your budget.
Elementor also provides access to pre-made page templates, you can customize from. There’s also offer a custom page template called Elementor Canvas.
But you should probably stick with the pre-made versions as a beginner. The whole point of using the Elementor Builder is the opportunity it gives you to take advantage of a huge number of content widgets) or content blocks).
These widgets include dividers, spacers, icons, image galleries, carousels, counters, testimonials, buttons, videos, text, headlines, social media icons, shortcodes and many more.
You might have to spend a few extra for paid templates that work pretty well.
The Elementor Pro provides access to 30 new widgets including call-to-action; flip box, Woo-Elements and many more. Therefore, when you want to be able to do more with your blog, you must go for the paid version.
You can stick with the Elementor Free for many reasons especially if you are already going for the Astra Pro version. But all, the same the Elementor free and Astra free is enough to build an excellent website.
Building Your Moneymaking Blog
Step 1 – Buy your Domain and hosting
- Go to Hostinger.com and select your subscription package. You can select anywhere from a 1-month package to 48 months subscription. As a rule of thumb, you should select a 12-month package. It usually comes with a free domain name.
- To enjoy the free domain name, use their domain availability checker tool to run a search and find the best available option.
- Go back to the hosting page, select your preferred hosting package, and enter the domain name in the bar on the lower-left corner.
- Next, click on the yellow speech bubble that says, “Grab a free domain.”
Remember to research your domain name before going to buy your hosting plan. You want to make it easy to remember and catchy enough.
You can also pick a general keyword or search term that closer to what you want to blog about as a foundation to picking the domain name best suited for your website.
Step 2 – Install WordPress
- Next, you need to install WordPress, go to the domain section and select Add Website
- Enter the domain name you wish to add on the hosting
- Next, click the Auto Installer button and select WordPress
- After selecting WordPress, enter the URL of your new domain
- Your WordPress will install, after which you can go to your WordPress admin panel.
Now you can proceed to build your WordPress blog.
Step 3 – Building your WordPress blog with Elementor Builder/Astra Themes
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to plugins and select Add New
- Search for the Elementor plugin and install and activate on your WordPress site
- Now, look for Astra Starter Sites, Install and activate on your new website
- Search for Appearance on the dark bar and select Themes, then press Add New
- Search for Astra and Install then Activate
- Go back to the Appearance tab and select “Astra Starter Site.” Now find and select “Elementor Builder”
- Click Next
Step 4 – Design your WordPress website
Right there, you will be able to find everything you need to create that fantastic website – images, text, buttons and many more. You can pick from their free and premium templates.
Remember to keep things as simple as possible but catchy all the same. Paid templates are marked with “Agency.”
You can also start from scratch but as a beginner blogger, working on a readymade template is ideal. After selecting your desired theme, go back to Appearance and select “Customize” in the WordPress dashboard
Now, you can see what the theme looks like. Here you can change the font, move tabs around, change the layout, and many more things.
Experiment as much as possible, you will see a live preview as you make every change. You can always go back and undo changes, so let your imaginations run wide.
You are currently using the Astra Starter sites, so you may only be able to control the colors and background, layout and font. However, if you want to do more like controlling each individual page, creating a cool sticky header for your blog, or using sleeker colors and typography, upgrade to Astra Pro.
Step 5 – Design your Core Pages
You can make your individual pages appear differently. This is especially important because your homepage should appear differently from your blog posts. That is also important for your other core pages such as the Contact page and About Us page.
The Elementor Builder brings this customization power to you. All you have to do is click the “Edit with Elementor” option when editing one of these pages.
They also have dedicated videos that can show you how to use this customization option. Go to Elementor 101 and find out how you can use their drag-and-drop feature to beautify your core pages.
Optimize for SEO
To make sure you are channeling traffic, you need SEO. SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the process of making sure your website appears on search engines for particular keywords and phrases.
Your success in blogging depends on advertising, marketing, and SEO but SEO takes a huge chunk. The reason being, SEO is all about organic traffic.
Therefore, the people you drive to your blog from this angle are people who really were seeking out blogs like yours in the first place.
However, most beginner bloggers go too crazy with SEO and end up churning outposts that no one wants to read because they are obviously made for the search engine.
Your job is to make your content as engaging as possible through texts, videos, and images and a little bit of SEO. Here are the steps you must take:
Step 1: Submit to Webmaster Console
- In your WordPress admin panel, click on Plugins and select Add New
- Search for “Yoast SEO” in the Search bar, Install and Activate
- You can now find the Yoast SEO icon at the top of your screen. For now, go to SEO on the left-hand sidebar
- Select Your info to view the foundations of your blog
- Enter your Website Name, Alternate Name, and Company Name. Make sure those details are correct before selecting “Save Changes.”
- Now click on the “Webmaster Tools” and select Google Search Console. (Here you will submit your site to their search index to optimize visibility)
- Sign in to your Google account (probably your Gmail account)
- Now click on Alternate method and select “HTML tag”
- You will see a new drop-down. Copy the alphanumeric string without quotation marks.
- Paste the code you just copied in the Google Search Console text box that is open back at your WordPress dashboard. Finally ‘Save Changes”
- Now go back to the Google Search Console tab and select Verify
- At Webmaster Central, you can see many insights about the keywords you already use, errors on your blog posts and if you don’t have any posts yet, Google will give you a nudge to do so.
Step 2: Install the Yoast SEO
- Go back to the SEO and click on the General Tab
- Next, select “Open the Installation Wizard”
- You will go through several steps after the welcome screen to set up your Yoast SEO
Step 3: Set for XML Sitemaps
XML Sitemaps helps list the URLs for your websites so that Google and other search engines can crawl your site for new pages and new posts. Yoast has this as a built-in feature, so all you have to do is click it and forget it.
- Once done, go back to SEO, and select “Features”
- Now within the Advanced Settings Pages, select Enabled
- Enable the Admin bar menu and OnPage.org settings as well
- Save changes
- You will now see another set of menus in the sidebar under SEO.
- Select the XML Sitemaps under SEO and toggle the Author/user sitemap to enable. Save your changes
Step 4: Set your permalinks
This is a bonus step and a very crucial one as well. It’s what users will see in the URL each time they access any of your pages or blog posts.
You want to make them customizable because they will also boost your SEO as well. By default, WordPress simply ascribes a boring numbered permalinks to posts. This is usually, your domain.name/PostID.
Some people use your URLs for every post to try to figure out your posts.
The search engine will use them as well, so you want them to contain your keywords and some other specifics than the boring numbers. Therefore, you need to fix them.
- In the left sidebar, hover around “settings” and pick “Permalinks”
- Now select your options, the best options would be from your Post name or a custom structure
- As a beginner, mark the Post name and save changes.
What should you blog about?
Now you are done with the difficult aspects, you can begin generating topics. I recommend building that ideal picture as the first step. Next, answer these questions:
- What excites my ideal reader
- What are the common challenges by which the ideal reader may be passing through?
- What personality traits do my readers have? Are they emotionally stable? Do they fancy a sense of humor? Are they resourceful or adventurous?
- Why do your ideal readers love your niche? What do they aim to get when they read your blog?
- What do your readers hate about your niche?
Remember, to stick with creating evergreen posts before anything else. You can use Google Search trends to find what’s being quite stable over the years as your starting point.
Do your research, figure out the right voice for your blog, and get on it.
When you have substantial traffic, add a moneymaking strategy, test, optimize, or change them. In no time, you will begin reaping profits from your new blog.
So, do you really need a web developer or web designer to create a moneymaking blog? You don’t.
Hostinger provides amazing hosting plans that cost less than a dollar. Your hosting plan will come with a free domain name.
You can pair up with the pro version of Astra and combine the pro version of the Elementor Builder. Everything from hosting to WordPress and your designs can be done with less than $100 and it would look exceptionally okay.
Nevertheless, bear in mind that as your ambitions grow, you will need the services of a web designer and developer to meet the challenge.
For now, up to 6 months or 1 year down the road, these tips and strategies should start making you decent money.
Remember to carry out your research for the right color tones and search terms before you begin any of these steps.
You want to make sure your color scheme is just the kind your audience would love. For example, you won’t want to use a Pink colored theme in the auto-niche, except you really know how to play it well.
If you do have a little extra to spare, go right ahead and get a web design professional. Their services alone might cost you as much as $200.
So, what do you think, does it make sense to hire a web designer or developer when building a new blog? Please share your thoughts, let’s talk about them.